Sunday, June 17, 2007

I can barely Contain(er) myself!

After an inspiring conversation with my lovely Santa Barbara girlfriends, I declared to Eric that I wanted to make a garden. Two years ago we tried, in vain, to plant herbs - a hungry bunny (or other creature) had a delicious salad dinner one night and left us with one inch stems. Last year, we had a bountiful crop of jalapeno peppers, but the frost got them (see Bonsai Pepper entry). This year, I decided to try my hand at a more extensive container garden. This morning we went our local nursery and picked up some starters (we'll try seeds next year) - Roma and cherry tomatoes, jalapeno and anaheim chiles (or chillis or chilis depending on where you're from), basil and parsley. Here are some shots:


You'll have to tilt your head - I'm not uploading this again :-)

In the far right picture, from left to right- jalapeno chile, cherry tomato, Roma tomato, basil, dwarf lime tree and behind that are more jalapenos and tomatos. I still have to plant the parsley.

No comments: